Friday, January 11, 2008

The 100

I've seen in a few blogs where the blogger writes down 100 things about them. I'm always one for shameless self-promotion, so here's mine.

1. I HATE cold weather.
2. I'm always cold.
3. I have an irrational fear of anthropomorphic animals
4. I don't like going to zoos.
5. I have weak ankles.
6. I own a t-shirt that says "Go Fuck Yourself" but I don't wear it in public.
7. I have heckled a baseball team's mascot.
8. I enjoy spying on my neighbors.
9. I work from home which makes No. 8 much easier.
10. I do get completely dressed for work. I do not work in my PJs.
11. Peanut butter and jelly is one of my favorite foods.
12. I eat to live, not live to eat.
13. When I was a kid, I wanted to be on Saturday Night Live.
14. I can do a fabulous Church Lady impression.
15. I am very active in recycling. I would recycle everything if I could.
16. I buy most of my clothes at designer consignment stores.
17. I didn't learn how to do my laundry until I went away for school.
18. I had to take calculus in college (after 2 years in high school) and complained about the textbook to my professor, who it turns out was one of the authors.
19. I wrote a paper in high school on the book Of Human Bondage and started my presentation by saying that I thought the book was about actual bondage.
20. I have been on the cover of Time.
21. I played the flute for 5 years, including private lessons.
22. I have obsessive compulsive disorder (not like Monk)
23. I volunteered at a senior center reading bingo numbers and was heckled by the harpies playing.
24. I have one living grandparent left and she's a harpie.
25. I live 3.5 hours from her, but I've only visited her once.
26. I think I have known more sadness than my parents.
27. I do not feel as if I am home.
28. I floss six days a week. I get Fridays off.
29. I eat at Subway at least two times a week.
30. My weight has fluctuated only 15 pounds since I was in high school.
31. My top size is different than my bottom size.
32. I have a shoe fetish.
33. I have beginnings of bunions as a result of No. 32.
34. I'm branching out into accessories like scarves and necklaces.
35. I don't wear a watch. Ever.
36. I have no tattoos.
37. My only piercings are on my ear lobes.
38. I lost my wedding venue 5 weeks before the wedding.
39. I found a new venue within 3 days.
40. I did not have a traditional wedding cake and there was no DJ.
41. I love watching people's wedding videos and critiquing the fashion choices.
42. I have a Sno-Globe collection (how on earth did someone think it was a good idea to have a Sno-Globe of Gettysburg?)
43. I have Sno-Globes from four countries (including Tasmania!) and 13 cities/states.
44. I can trace my ancestry back to the Mayflower.
45. My parents told me that I was related to Ben Franklin (complete truth) when we were at a Burger King.
46. I can drive a manual transmission.
47. I have been mistaken for a Jehovah's Witness.
48. I ran indoor and outdoor track in high school.
49. I lost my arches in the process.
50. I have personalized license plates. They are not my first pair.
51. I actually enjoyed square dancing in elementary school.
52. I wore glasses from when I was in elementary school until 2004 when I had Lasik.
53. I met my husband on-line.
54. I asked him prior to us meeting if he was an axe murderer. He said no.
55. I know how to paint in watercolors and oils.
56. I got to draw from nude subjects in high school (I have never, ever seen a hairier man)
57. I refused to give in when my social studies teacher tried to blackmail me in return for a letter of recommendation for college applications.
58. I did not become a serious drinker until grad school.
59. I like O'Douls non-alcoholic beer.
60. I don't like the rind on soft cheese and cut it off before eating the cheese.
61. I had my first taste of champagne when I was several months old. I reportedly slept like the dead that night.
62. I have emotional and sentimental attachments to cars, but I do not name them.
63. I can't stand liquer in desserts.
64. I loosely follow Weight Watchers.
65. I have smoked approximately two packs of cigarettes in my entire life.
66. I have never smoked marijuana (and I certainly didn't inhale).
67. I judge Mexican restaurants by how many and what kind of flashy colors they use on the outside.
68. I have used an outhouse complete with a moon in the door. In West Virginia. Seriously.
69. I am not an outdoors-y type.
70. I don't do camping.
71. I know a little about a lot of things.
72. I have been called the Veritable Fount of Useless Knowledge.
73. I still can't beat my husband at Trivial Pursuit.
74. I used to be addicted to Tetris.
75. In my youth, I flashed.
76. I have mild hypoglycemia and have to have protein at lunch or else I will crash in the afternoon.
77. I don't drink coffee, but I love the smell.
78. I don't drink iced tea. I don't like the smell either.
79. I love Diet Coke with lime.
80. I have broken only one bone in my entire body.
81. I broke it when I was thrown from a horse.
82. I haven't done much horse-back riding since.
83. I'm much better with people who are older than I am than with people who are younger.
84. I didn't learn until I was in my 20s that you are supposed to shave the hair on your big toe.
85. I had my first eyebrow wax when I was in college.
86. I had my first pedicure when I was in grad school.
87. I think I'm getting a wart on my left foot.
88. When I was a kid, I had warts removed with liquid nitrogen. It was really cool.
89. I got my first job when I was 16. It was working in a craft store.
90. When I turned 10, I moaned that I was turning the big 1-oh.
91. When I turned 30, I moaned that I was turning the big 3-oh.
92. Even though I am Athiest, I love gospel music, but not Christian rock.
93. I live in a different time zone than my parents.
94. I have visited or lived on three different continents.
95. I have not crossed the international date line.
96. I have walked the Golden Gate Bridge (twice!).
97. As a wedding favor, we gave away tree saplings.
98. I used to like the song "88 Lines About 44 Women." Now it just sounds sexist.
99. I am all of these things and I am infertile.
100. I'm doing my absolute best to overcome No. 99.

No comments: