Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Gratitude

I have been rather remiss in recognizing and thanking everyone for their wonderful support and comments while I wallow in the mire of self-pity and despair over What Happened Last Week. Well, maybe it's not full-blown wallowing, but I am also not my usual snarky self. I certainly feel sad (and sometimes outright depressed) but each day, there are tiny moments of sun.

One such moment was when I learned that Farm Wife nominated me for a "You Make My Day" award. Frankly, I should be giving it to her, not the other way around. But, she's already (deservedly) received one. So I will humbly accept my award, clutching it to my still inflated bosom, and get out of dodge.

As with most of these things, there are rules. You must re-gift it to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blog land. Let them know through email or by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. With all due respect to the rules, I can barely get through the day without staring into space for large swaths, so the higher math of picking and notifying is pretty much beyond me.

I will do a modified version, though. I would like to present this award goes to each and everyone of you - commenters and lurkers - who has sent me a kind thought, posted a kind word or sent me a virtual bottle of wine during these past few weeks. This one's for you:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, today's theme, boys and girls, is "what can brown do for you?" Well, for me, it can drive me crazy and make me think that things just might be starting. Or not, since it's been going on for two days now. Oh, joy.

6 comments:

Shinejil said...

Aw, shucks! [gazes at shoes]

So, we're in the break room together, eh? Want an eclair?

JJ said...

Such a sweet gesture--and you do make a lot of people's day!

JellyBelly said...

thanks mrs. x! you've made my day!

Pamela T. said...

All for one, and one for all. Wishing you continued rays of sunshine...

kaaron said...

A lovely gesture! I am hoping your tiny moments of sun become a little longer.

FarmWife said...

Thank you for your kind words...but I really do think you deserve this!