Saturday, December 1, 2007

Going it Alone

For the first time in our journey through ART land, I have decided not to tell my parents about our current cycle. I didn't tell them about my repeat HSG last week nor have I told them that I'm in the middle of doing my stims for our final IUI, which will probably be on Tuesday. Part of me is afraid that I'm punishing them for what I feel is a lack of support and understanding for what we have been through and are going through, by no longer giving them details. To be honest, though, they never seemed to be particularly comfortable with the details.

At the same time, I have to admit that I'm also kind of enjoying taking some steps on my own without keeping them updated. As I get into the two week wait, I may change my mind, but for now, I feel more supported by not telling them than I think I would if I did. Is this a sign of growing independence or growing alienation? I'd like to think its the former, but I will work very hard not to make it the later. I think that it's possible to have some secrets and still be very close to people.

No comments: