Sunday, January 13, 2008

Thar Be Thinking

I have to admit that as much as infertility sucks, blogging about infertility has made it a lot more tolerable. Now, it's even more tolerable because Wilma, that hysterical Canadian cat lady over at Death Bed Moment has nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award!

Wilma, who is much, much wiser than I could ever hope to be, nominated me with the following statement: "~ her writings about her struggle with infertility make me pause in my carefree childfree world & think of the effect my careless words may have on others around me. She has kitties, too!" (For the record, the cat nip that I sent did not in any way influence my nomination for this honor. )

Fortunately, I don't have go the Susan Lucci route and be constantly nominated but not win until hell freezes over. All I have to do is:

1) write a post with links to 5 blogs that make me think.
2) Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3) Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

And now, for my 5. Drumroll please.

1) Christina who is writing about her quest to live in a new way, meet new people and do new things. And she has gorgeous photos!
2) Pamela Jeanne who writes about Coming 2 Terms with her decision to remain childfree after infertility, but with grace, snark and humor.
3) Schatzi/Sassy who is a comrade in the fight and presents lessons on how to be infertile and still be happy everyday.
4) Seraphimcharm who is chronicling the life that is New York through four lines everyday. Quite a lot gets packed into those four little lines.
5) Heather who practices living thoughtfully and with reflection.

Whether you know it or not, each of you makes the days that much brighter with your humor, wit and thoughts. Onward and upward!

4 comments:

Pamela T. said...

Thank you sweetheart. Very touched that you included me in your list. I sometimes worry that my blog might have the unintended consequence of making those in active treatment worry too much about, well, the other ending. I appreciate your beautiful writing, and continue to wish you and my sisters only the best in your continued efforts.

Heather Clisby said...

Lordy, this makes me want to reach out and SMOOCH the whole gol'dern blogosphere. Honestly, I really appreciate how this world creates ponderous intersections with smart, thinking folks like you and the other bloggers on your list.

I'm completely honored to be included here. You just made my Monday so Friday-like!

Also, as a single woman who is pondering adoption while still quietly hoping to get knocked up by the love of my life who should be showing up any day now ... I welcome the thoughts of other ladies who are dealing with this topic in their own ways. Makes me feel less alone up here on the fence.

Schatzi said...

Well golly gee wilikers. I am flattered you see me as a thinking blogger. I would have been locked up in the looney bin by now if not for you and the rest of the IF blogland.

Onward and upward, indeed!

Christina said...

Hi there Mrs. X!

Wow, what a surprise to be nominated by you for a Thinking Blogger Award! I am totally and completely honored! I wish you a million blessings and lots of love. All the best in your efforts for a baby.

Christina