Saturday, February 9, 2008

He Ain't A Brute, He's My Sweetie

image: ulv gullskeggr
Gentle Reader, in looking over some of my past posts, it occurred to me that they may have given you the impresion that my man, Sweetie/Mr. X is somewhat rude, crude and unrefined. In reality, he is all of those things but so much more as well. I wanted to take this opportunity to list some of his better qualities to make sure that he is seen in his complete glory.

First, I should mention that he is much smarter and funnier than yours truly - driving today on the highway I almost crashed because he had me laughing so hard, providing dialogue for the white-haired old lady that kept getting in front of me. He is much better travelled and more worldly having lived overseas for several years growing up. He totally did better in college (although, we both agree that I had more fun) and he makes a great deal more moolah than I do.

He's incredibly handsome and has that certain boyish charm. He tans while I burn. He can explain how just about anything works while I can just point and say, "what does that thingy do?" He is extremely good natured while I tend to be moody (even without the aid of hormones). And, he loves animals. Awwww.

Now, just as he is all of these things, he also loves watching cop chase shows on cable and he seriously talked about getting a giant inflatible pig for our front yard (um, no). He whines that I don't have any new reading material for him in the bedroom while I'm doing my PIO injection, and he makes me deal with all of the customer service people on the phone, health care issues and vendors that come to the house ("because you're better at it than I am"). He hates talking on the phone so much so that I am the one who has to call to order the pizza and he will go pick it up. He plays World of Warcraft (WoW). And, after almost 5 years of marriage, he still leaves the *&Ying seat up on the toilet.

He's the ying to my yang (you're so right Lori!), the ivory to my ebony, the jelly to my peanut butter. He is all of these things and he's my Sweetie.

3 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Can I just copy this and put it in a Valentine for my Hubby? (minus the WoW and plus even more *&Ying toilet seats).

Melanie said...

Seriously, that picture cracked me up. I know your post was about your sweetie, but that cat. I love it. I speak fluent cat but my darling, 6 ft 3 inch, 200 lb husband is scared of cats. no shit. I bet that cat could give him a reason to tremble.

Mrs.X said...

Lori- of course!

Melanie - the minute I saw that picture, I knew I had to use it for this post. I looked high and low and what a gem. This is one disapproving kitty.